STAR Institute | Sensory Health and Wellness
About Star Insitute
Sensory Health and Wellness for the State, the Nation, and the World.
To impact quality of life by developing and promoting best practices for sensory health and wellness through treatment, education, and research.
- Promoting occupation, participation, engagement, function, and psychological well-being
- Elevating awareness and knowledge about the transformative power of the sensory domain
- Building and strengthening relationships
- Empowering families
- Removing barriers to participation
- Embracing and celebrating diversity
- Advocacy for true inclusion
- Occupational justice for all
In accordance with the STAR Institute’s mission, vision, and core values, we recognize and celebrate diversity throughout the world in all its forms: differences of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, neurotype, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, marital/relationship status, and physical and mental abilities. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion informs our actions as an organization and our standards for personal conduct to all. We pledge to celebrate and cultivate a diverse, inclusive community, share our platform with those who have been marginalized, and work to ensure that all are able to experience sensory health.
Star Institute Treatment Services
“She no longer has the frustration or isolation due to her lack of speech clarity. Our STAR Institute speech pathologist, and our occupational therapist, worked miracles with our daughter and taught us (the parents) what to do to help our daughter. The program is amazing. Without it, our daughter would not be the happy, successful kindergartener she is today. The STAR Institute Treatment Center is truly priceless. Thank you!”
– Tammy and Nathan Scheopner